Navigating the Mind: BAM Web Solutions Presents the UK’s Top 10 Mental Health Websites for World Mental Health Day
Greetings, and welcome to BAM Web Solutions’ special feature for World Mental Health Day. At BAM Web Solutions, we believe in the power of technology and information to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Today, we’ve curated a list of the UK’s top 10 mental health websites to commemorate this important day. These websites are invaluable resources for those seeking support, information, and a sense of community on their mental health journey.
- Mind (www.mind.org.uk) Mind is a leading mental health charity in the UK, and their website offers a wealth of resources, information, and support. We recommend it as an essential starting point for anyone looking to learn more about mental health.
- NHS Every Mind Matters (www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters) The National Health Service (NHS) has launched the Every Mind Matters campaign, and their website is a comprehensive source for self-assessment tools and mental well-being resources.
- Rethink Mental Illness (www.rethink.org) Rethink Mental Illness is dedicated to supporting individuals living with mental health conditions. Their website offers a helpline, peer support, and a wealth of informative articles.
- Mental Health Foundation (www.mentalhealth.org.uk) The Mental Health Foundation focuses on prevention and well-being for all. Their website hosts a plethora of research, articles, and tools designed to enhance mental health.
- Samaritans (www.samaritans.org) Samaritans is a 24/7 emotional support helpline, and their website is an extension of their services, providing invaluable resources and advice for those going through tough times.
- YoungMinds (www.youngminds.org.uk) YoungMinds specializes in supporting the mental health of young people. Their website provides resources for young individuals, parents, and professionals.
- CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) (www.thecalmzone.net) CALM is committed to preventing male suicide and offers support for men facing mental health challenges. Their website includes resources, a helpline, and campaigns against the stigma of men’s mental health.
- No Panic (www.nopanic.org.uk) No Panic supports people dealing with panic attacks, phobias, and OCD. Their website includes information, self-help guides, and a helpline for those in need.
- Time to Change (www.time-to-change.org.uk) Time to Change is a social movement focused on changing perceptions of mental health. Their website features personal stories, anti-stigma campaigns, and resources for individuals and workplaces.
- The Mix (www.themix.org.uk) The Mix is a charity supporting young people aged 16-25, including mental health concerns. Their website offers articles, forums, and one-on-one chat support for young individuals facing challenges.
On World Mental Health Day, BAM Web Solutions is proud to present these top 10 mental health websites, each offering a unique set of resources and support. We believe that access to reliable information and a supportive community is essential for mental well-being. As you explore these websites, remember that you are not alone on your mental health journey. Reach out for help, share your experiences, and take a step toward a healthier, happier you. Together, we can make a positive impact on mental health in the UK and beyond.
???? Accelerate Your Google Ranking with Top SEO Strategies! ????✨
Want to climb the Google search ladder faster? Here are 10 powerful tactics to boost your SEO ranking in no time:
- Keyword Research Mastery: Identify high-impact keywords that align with your business. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner and SEMrush to uncover valuable search terms.
- Optimize On-Page Elements: Craft compelling meta titles, descriptions, and headers for each page. Inject relevant keywords naturally to enhance your page’s visibility.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Ensure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly. Google favors mobile-ready sites in its ranking algorithm.
- High-Quality Content: Publish valuable, original content that answers user queries. Well-researched articles, guides, and videos can establish your authority and attract backlinks.
- Page Speed Perfection: Google loves fast-loading sites. Optimize images, leverage browser caching, and consider Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to enhance page speed.
- Secure with HTTPS: Switch to HTTPS to ensure a secure browsing experience. Secure sites are given preference in Google rankings.
- Build Quality Backlinks: Forge relationships with authoritative websites in your niche. Quality backlinks from trusted sources can significantly boost your ranking.
- Technical SEO Tune-Up: Fix broken links, ensure proper XML sitemap submission, and improve site architecture for seamless crawling and indexing.
- Engage with Rich Snippets: Implement structured data markup to enhance search results with rich snippets, making your content more appealing to users.
- Regular Updates: Consistently update your content and engage with your audience. Fresh, relevant content signals to Google that your site is active and valuable.
Remember, SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. While these strategies can yield quick results, a holistic and consistent approach is key to maintaining and improving your Google ranking over time. Ready to skyrocket your online visibility? ???????? #SEOBoost #GoogleRanking #DigitalSuccess
Live chat facility on your site?
What is live chat?
Live chat is a feature on your website that allows you to engage with your customer on a real-time basis, answering questions/queries potential clients may have prior to them leaving your website. This reduces the chances of you losing a client and improves your sites bounce rate.
The origins of online chat
The first form of online chat was produced in 1973 however it was the dawn of the tech era in the mid noughties that saw the rise of the online chat facility and it was not long before multinational businesses cottoned onto the concept and adopted it within their own site structure as a means to communicate in real-time with their customers.
Why online chat?
Why not? Online chat is an untapped resource that your competitors are already using and benefitting from.
44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer.”
The wait times for an adviser within an online chat facility are far shorter than that of a call centre and without the hassle of having to dial an 0800 number or the expense of an 0845. Put simply if you have a staff member who answers the phone they can just as easily type a message.
Features of online chat
· Alerted when a user enters your website
· Track the movement of the user on your site
· Form statistics based on purchasing trends
· Identify weak areas of your site through page exit information
· Prevent customers from leaving your website without contacting you or making a purchase
· Improve brand approachability by communicating with new clients on a real-time basis.
How can BAM Web-solutions help?
To start with we practice what we preach, we use a live chat facility for the bamwebsolutions.co.uk site and find that customers we engage with on live chat are 84% more likely to make a purchase against those we don’t. We have also produced the facility for a number of our clients…
A catering firm we work closely with wanted a method of reducing their bounce rate and improve their click to enquiry ratio. We built a live chat facility as part of a bespoke website solution and they could not be happier. The facility allows them to deal with special requests and particular dietary requirements in real time and prevents them losing potential clients who had unanswered questions.
Live chat is an easy to use cost effective method for you to communicate with existing clients and assist the acquisition of new ones.
STAND OUT LOCAL SEARCH IN 2015
Here’s our top 5 recommendations for standing out against your local competitors in Google and Bing search results in 2015. Although the higher you rank the more clicks you receive is a fact, here’s a little help to make the most out of your Google and Bing listings all of which also help with your rankings.
Building credibility in your SERP is not easy you only have a few sentences to capture your potential customer and entice them to make that first click on to your website.
1.Build credibility and standout with 5 star reviews!
If your listings show that customers trust your business you are more likely to convert and build website traffic! It’s great getting a testimonial from a client. Ask them leave reviews your Google and Bing local results.
You need a 5 review minimum to start showing the stars in the results on Google. BE AWARE that Google does see if these are credible so don’t go writing your own! get your clients to do it!
Google and Bing also pick reviews from credible local business directories so make sure your reviews are also featured on directories that feature in the search results for your target keywords. Here’s a few good UK directories for citations and reviews.
• YELP (this is going to hold massive value in 2015)
• Thompson Local
Google show these on your My Business Page: More reviews: yell.com yelp.com
2. Mobile Friendly Website in Search
Also shown in the featured image (highlighted in red) Google is now showing mobile friendly websites in search results. Having a mobile friendly and a responsive website will give you the opportunity to standout against your competition that does not have a mobile friendly website design.
3. Be Local to Attract Local Potential Customers.
If you are a local business ensure that you use your Town, City or County in your title tag and meta description, people are more attracted to localised results when looking for a local business.
4. Including a local number in SERP.
Having a local number showing within the search results also allows your business to gain the upper hand on your competition if you want to get found locally by local customers.
5. Take over the results page.
Make sure all your main pages are shown in Google having all your pages displayed make you standout and allows your potential client to navigate directly through to the right page on your website.
The Pigeon update UK – Google December 2014
The new updated search algorithm completely redefined Google’s local search patterns.
2015 is the year of building your brand and reputation online.
Onsite content and offsite data link profiles are still going to play a part but the intelligent search bots are now crawling the web for local directory websites like Yelp, Yell and Thompson Local to devise a solid base of reviews for local businesses.
Yelp is bigger is the US then the UK but don’t underestimate the power of this directory on our little island. Google also added a yelp section on analytics the first directory we have seen on there.